Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wow.. it's official...

I have my very first case of bonafide, died in the wool, pain in the butt... writer's block! This sucks. I mean this really sucks! I have all this motivation and it's, well it's a little frustrating!

Ok, before I have to chastise my self for overuse of the ! mark, I will have to see if I can break it without having a nervous breakdown. My first project of sorts currently in the works is an article on the Arabian horse. The Learning Hub on the website said to search for competitive articles of the same subject matter, unless I was certain that I could write better. After a brief perusal I believe I can!

(oops.. sorry)

So here we go, an article on Arabian horses. Herein lies the next dilemma. How do you stuff a millenia of fact, legend, myth and historical data in 1000 max word article? What are the important parts I want to address ? Let's lay this out:

1. Origins of the breed - shrouded in mystery but with much speculation.

2. Spread of the breed across the world - wars, rumors of wars, warmongers, solders and .. well warriors for the most part though there were some horses given as gifts to dignitaries who presumably were there to avoid.. war? Wow, glad we got that sorted through.. sheesh!

3. Impact of the breed on other light horse breeds, and some not so light horse breeds - Thoroughbreds of course, and anything descending from a Thoroughbred cross. How about warmbloods and even some breeds of pony (though there are those that would swear ponies are direct spawns of hell!) ?

4. The Arabian in the horse industry today - Their ranking in popularity, which while some would argue is quite low, it's actually quite high compared to many other breeds.

5. The future of the industry - Ok that's just depressing. I might just save that for later.

6. Reference material for credibility and to encourage the reader to go find far more information than I can shove into that type of story - Wiki and ArabianHorses.org, both credible and search engine optimized. (See what I did there? ;)

Now I'm sure when this all comes down I'm sure I will be pushed right to the max on the 1000 word limit. Lovely, just about the time I get things rolling I have to come to a screeching halt!

Have a happy Tuesday folks. I'm off in a bit to load hay, unload hay, feed hay and groom the hay burners. Oh, and write my article. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment